News & Articles

Concept of Dubai Mainland Ownership

dubai mainland ownership

Dubai, known for its opulence and ultra-modern architecture, is equally celebrated as a thriving hub for international businesses. For years, entrepreneurs from across the globe have flocked to this emirate, drawn by its strategic location, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and investor-friendly policies. One pivotal aspect of Dubai’s business landscape that has witnessed a transformative evolution is the ownership structure, especially in the mainland. The concept of Dubai mainland ownership has undergone significant shifts, with recent reforms promoting a more inclusive environment for foreign investors.

Dubai Mainland Ownership

Historically, Dubai’s business framework dictated a specific ownership model for foreign entrepreneurs. It was mandated that foreign investors team up with a local sponsor when establishing a business in the mainland. The local sponsor typically held a significant 51% stake, leaving the foreign entrepreneur with 49%. However, times have changed, and so have the ownership dynamics.

In a groundbreaking move to enhance its position as a prime business destination, Dubai has embraced a more liberalized ownership policy. With the introduction of 100% ownership in select sectors, the city has redefined its business narrative. This transformative decision emanated from a strategic intent to bolster foreign investment and consolidate Dubai’s position on the global business map.

So, what does this mean for potential investors? The recent reforms have expanded the horizons of opportunities, allowing foreign entrepreneurs to fully own their businesses in the mainland, eliminating the erstwhile need for a local sponsor in certain sectors. It’s worth noting that these sectors encompass a broad spectrum of activities including space, e-commerce, renewable energy, art and entertainment, food services, and much more. This decisive shift not only amplifies operational autonomy for foreign investors but also fosters an environment that’s predicated on trust, collaboration, and mutual growth.

However, it’s imperative for potential investors to understand the nuances. While the move towards 100% ownership is undeniably progressive, it’s applied selectively to specific business activities. Comprehensive research, due diligence, and consultation with experts are crucial to understand which activities fall under this new policy and how one can benefit from it.



How Can We Help

At Choose UAE, we’re here to navigate you through the intricacies of Dubai mainland ownership. Our team of experts is well-versed with the latest reforms, ensuring that you make informed decisions that align with your business aspirations. If you’re pondering over setting up a business in Dubai and seeking clarity on the ownership front, we’re here to assist. Partner with Choose UAE, and embark on a seamless entrepreneurial journey in Dubai.

What Makes Us Stand Out?

Start Your Business Journey with Us

We are Rated 5

on Google

Knowledge Center

Can't find the answer you're looking for? Don't worry we're here to help!