New UAE Entry & Residence Scheme 2022
As the years go by, the United Arab Emirates has become more and more open with visitors and people who come looking for opportunities as UAE continues to maintain its 9th spot globally in the World Competitiveness Yearbook 2021.
Therefore, a new UAE Entry and Residence Scheme was announced with 10 types of entry visas to not only further offer flexibility to the tourism and education sector but also to boost competitive economic growth. Moreover, this new scheme also paved way for more options and opportunities for current visa holders specifically residents, job-seekers, self-employed people, and more. Notable changes include a multi-entry visa valid for 5 years, and a 60-day validity under the new UAE Entry and Residence Scheme.
New UAE Residence Visa & Entry Permits
The new UAE residence visa and entry permits system will now include eligibility for investors, skilled employees, self-employed individuals, and more.
- Work visa: green visa for freelancers and skilled employee visa valid for 5 years with no sponsor required, standard employment residence valid for 2 years,
- Investor visa: green visa for investors and partners valid for 5 years,
- Student visa: students enrolled in educational entities sponsored by a UAE educational establishment for 2 years,
- Resident visa: remote work residence valid for 1 year, retirement residence valid for 5 years, real estate owner residence valid for 2 years,
- Family visa sponsorship: for spouse and children until the age of 25 (previously 18), and unmarried daughters regardless of age.
Who is eligible for UAE Golden Residence Visa?
The UAE Golden Visa and its rules have also expanded under the new scheme with more benefits including a 10-year renewable residence. Individuals under the following categories are eligible for a UAE Golden Visa:
- Investors & Entrepreneurs
- Outstanding Students & Graduates
- Scientists & Professionals
- Exceptional Talents
- Humanitarian Pioneers
Types of Entry Visas
The following are the types of entry visas as per the new UAE Entry Residence Scheme:
- Tourist visa – sponsored by tourism establishment or multi-year entry option valid for 5 years without sponsor/host
- Visit relatives or friends – no host/sponsor required
- Temporary Work Mission – business trips, temporary projects, or probation periods
- Job Seekers – no sponsor/host is required for young talents or skilled workers
- Entrepreneurs – no sponsor/host is required for entrepreneurs looking to invest and set up a business
More options for entry include people seeking medical treatment, study or training, diplomatic affairs, entry for GCC residents, and emergency purposes. Visitors no longer require a sponsor but must have a minimum bank balance. They will also be able to extend their stay for up to 90 days, with the possibility to extend the visa providing that the period of stay will not exceed more than 180 days in one year.
The UAE continues to promote the well-being of not just its citizens but residents and tourists alike; providing a thriving economy to all. UAE is also frequently ranked as the 4th top place for expats to live and work according to Expat Explorer Report 2021. Hence, the new UAE Entry and Residence Scheme is expected to bring about good changes in the tourism, education, and economic sector.
Choose UAE provides new and exciting opportunities for entrepreneurs wanting to do business ventures in the UAE. With our hassle-free and efficient license processing, you can start your entrepreneurship journey in Dubai or anywhere in the UAE.
Our partnership with the UAE Government Authorities will also allow you the advantage of getting the lowest license package prices in the market with no license processing fee and no hidden charges. Talk to one of our experts today.